The TRIAXE is a 3-axis system using different technologies.
This equipment is a scaled-down replica of a stacker crane used in nuclear power plants.
It allows the storage of highly radioactive waste in a suitable basin.
This waste represented in the form of fuel rods is stored in cavities located in the basin. As part of the TRIAXE, 2 storage areas each with 4 locations are available.
- 24v brushless motor (with 12-point integrated encoder)
- DC motor with ball screw system, motor on / off action with 2 positions
- Pneumatic cylinder Ø20 double acting with all or nothing action
- Pneumatic pliers (3 fingers) mounted at the end of the pneumatic cylinder. Two position monostable forceps
"Room presence" sensors storage location :
- Optical fiber, - Inductive sensor,
- capacitive sensor,
- Mechanical limit stop with roller
- Sensors available on the X axis:
- 2 mechanical limit stops with roller for overtravel
- 1 12-point encoder for positioning the axis
- Sensors available on the Y axis:
- 2 mechanical limit stops with roller
- 2 inductive sensors for positioning the axis
- Sensors available on the Z axis:
- 2 magnetic ILS detectors for the position of the descent cylinder - 1 magnetic detector on the pneumatic clamp
The sensors are mainly mounted on plug-in connectors (for a replacement or a thorough study of the component)
Human Machine Interface :
- Remote console on a mobile arm arranged on the front of the system. It has 2 modes of operation (Footsteps and
- Manual control of the system on the remote console, as well as an emergency stop.
- Door equipped with a safety sensor (coded magnet) and connected to a standardized safety relay.
- PLC (supplied with its cable and programming software),
- Communication card with RS485 output to communicate with the dialogue console.
This application made under the PLANT VUE software allows dialogue with the TRIAXE system controller. The communication protocol used is Modbus Ethernet.
This supervision has 2 modes :
- Administrator (full access)
- guest (limited access)
Several synoptics are proposed :
- Synoptic main : It allows to set the different displacements by clicking on the point of origin and the point of arrival and to visualize the dynamic evolution of the system in real time.
- Alarms : The present faults are displayed in list form. This screen is used to view the history of alarms and events.
- Synoptic configuration : This page is reserved for administrator mode.
It allows in particular the adjustment of the X axis (Brushless motor speed and position).